Saving for Baby! -- UPDATED!



My college roomie is expecting! (Did you think it was me? haha) One of my best friends is going to be having her first baby in a few months, and another friend and I are splitting the cost of a rather large gift for the mom-to-be. 
My half of the gift is going to cost about $114. As of October 8th, I've only got $4.21 in Amazon gift cards saved up. (I just bought someone a birthday present.)

I certainly can't afford to spend any money right now, so I found the gift on Amazon (of course!) and I'm working my way towards earning a good amount of gift cards to offset the price. I am currently using 2 websites to earn the gift cards. (I'm still using all of the other ones as usual, but I'm working super hard on these 2 specific websites because they seem to have the best results.)

First, I'm using my all time favorite, Swagbucks. I do the daily poll, NOSO's, watch some videos, and enter swag codes to earn "swagbucks" that convert to prizes. I also use their search feature each day and typically will win 5-10 swagbucks each time that way. I always cash out for the $5 Amazon gift cards and have earned over $350 through the site so far. I've never encountered a problem with the site.



The other site is somewhat new to me, it's called InstaGC. You do tasks, offers, visit sites, watch videos, etc to earn points that you cash in for instant gift cards. It's a $1 minimum and they have Amazon gc's, so I'm hooked! I've earned $19 so far through InstaGC and I'm very happy with them! 





I find it very easy to do the tasks on both of these websites while I'm doing other things like watching TV or having a slow hour at work. I really don't spend that much time on either site, I just try to do what I know will earn me points each day.

I'll update as I go with how much I've earned towards my $114 total. Wish me luck! 

October 17, 2013Payment towards Amazon.com order (THE GIFT!)$-11.21
October 15, 2013Gift card claim (claim code xxxx-xxxxxx-4UW3)$1.00
October 14, 2013Gift card claim (claim code xxxx-xxxxxx-QJGJ)$5.00
October 13, 2013Gift card claim (claim code xxxx-xxxxxx-37B6)$1.00
October 6, 2013Gift card claim (claim code xxxx-xxxxxx-ZZ3N)$1.00
October 3, 2013Gift card claim (claim code xxxx-xxxxxx-ZHTK)$1.00

BONUS -- My credit card was ovvering 5% cash back for Amazon.com purchases when I bought the gift. Score! 

Are you saving your Amazon gift cards for anything special? 
Do you use them as you earn them?

Comments

Popular Posts